A woman in Virginia claimed she was fired from a church’s day care center for not marrying her fiancé. The church’s pastor said the worker’s are required to abide by the moral code of conduct which is found in the employee handbook. The woman claims she had no knowledge of it, and will be considering legal action.
Here are a some questions:
1) Can a person be fired for not abiding by a moral code of conduct?
2) Did she receive any warning?
3) Why has she not married her fiancé?
4) Should a church allow a person to break the moral code of conduct for unique situations?
5) Should she take the church to court?